Below is a selection of links to articles and sites which discuss a career in pharmacovigilance:
- ABPI article on working in pharmacovigilance
- This article published by the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry provides an inisght into the necessary experience and qualifications, day-to-day roles and reponsibilities, and career oppurtunities of a pharmacovigilance scientist.
- 'The more skills you have the better, you will always be competing against people with similar skills and degrees'.
- BMJ Careers: A day in the life of a pharmaceutical physician
- A range of insights into the varying roles available to a pharmaceutical physician.
- 'Clinical research physicians get involved in all phases of drug development... designing and running the clinical trials in collaboration with worldwide investigators, responding to and investigating emerging safety and efficacy signals...'
- Global Pharmacovigilance members descibe their career and postgraduate study experiences in pharmacovigilance.
- Please consider contributing your own story so that others may learn about options to study and work in this field.
- James Lind Institute blog: A Career in Pharmacovigilance
- An overview of a career in pharmacovigilance and different roles within the pharmacovigilance sector.
- 'Pharmacovigilance is a good career choice for life science graduates including pharmacy, pharmacology, medicine and alternative medicine. It is a highly advanced scientific discipline that is mainly involved with reporting and assessing of drug adverse effects.'